Kerala Housing Board Scheme (KHB) is a government agency in the state of Kerala, India that aims to provide affordable housing to the people of the state. The KHB scheme was launched in 1971 with the objective of constructing houses for the economically weaker sections of society. Under the KHB scheme, the government provides financial assistance to eligible beneficiaries to construct houses or purchase land for building a house. The scheme is aimed at providing affordable housing to low-income groups and to those who do not have a permanent residence.n
The KHB scheme has been successful in providing affordable housing to many people in the state of Kerala. The scheme has helped to improve the standard of living of many families and has provided them with a sense of security and stability. Overall, the Kerala Housing Board Scheme is an important initiative of the Kerala Government to provide affordable housing to the people of the state, and it has played a significant role in addressing the housing needs of the economically weaker sections of society.
Benefits of Kerala Housing Board Scheme
- Affordable housing options
- Financial assistance for construction or land purchase
- Targeted towards the economically weaker sections
- Improved standard of living
- Positive social impact
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Kerala Housing Board Scheme:
- The applicant must be a resident of Kerala.
- The applicant must not own any other house or land in their name or in the name of their family members.
- The applicant’s family income must fall within the prescribed limits.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must not have availed of any other housing scheme from the government.
- The applicant must not have any outstanding loans or debts with any financial institution.
- The applicant must have a valid ID proof such as Aadhaar card or Voter ID.
- The applicant must have a bank account in their name.
The Kerala Housing Board Scheme serves several purposes, including:
- To provide affordable housing solutions to the people of Kerala, especially those in low- and middle-income groups.
- To address the housing shortage in the state and improve living conditions for residents.
- To promote sustainable and environmentally friendly housing practices.
- To stimulate economic growth and job creation in the housing sector.
- To facilitate the development of urban and rural areas and improve infrastructure.
- To promote social inclusion and reduce poverty by providing affordable housing options.
- To empower women and marginalised communities by providing them with access to housing.
- To promote homeownership and asset accumulation among Kerala’s residents.
- Salary slip
- Identity Card
- Address Proof
- Annual Income of Family
- Ration card depicting category of APL, BPL, etc
- Mobile Number
How to Apply Online for Kerala Housing Board Scheme
- For online apply first of all you can go to the Official Website.
- The homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- Now you have to click on the Grihasree Housing Project’s link.
- The application form will open on your screen.
- After that, fill the form with all the required details.
- Now, upload all the required documents.
- Finally, submit the application form to the concerned department.
The Kerala Housing Board Scheme is a government-backed initiative that aims to provide affordable housing solutions to the people of Kerala. Through this scheme, the Kerala Housing Board offers a range of housing options, including apartments and plots, to people of various income groups. The scheme has been successful in providing affordable housing options to thousands of families across Kerala, and it continues to be a popular choice for those in need of quality housing. Overall, the Kerala Housing Board Scheme is a commendable initiative that has made a significant impact on the lives of many people in Kerala.