Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme is a healthcare scheme launched by the Government of Tamil Nadu in India. Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme is a healthcare scheme launched by the Government of Tamil Nadu in India. The scheme aims to provide medical assistance and health care services to the rural and remote areas of the state.
Under this scheme, mobile medical units are deployed to provide health checkups and treatment to the people in remote areas who have limited access to medical facilities. The scheme also provides free medicines to the patients.The latest initiative by the Tamil Nadu state government is the Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme 2023, which has been designed to provide healthcare services to the citizens in the comfort of their own homes. The program is set to cover a vast network of health sub-centers, primary health centers, and community health centers, totaling 1172, 189, and security centers, respectively.
|Scheme Name||Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme|
|Introduced by||CM MK Stalin, Government of the Tamil Nadu|
|Beneficiaries||Tamil Nadu Residents|
|Objective||To offer healthcare facilities at the doorstep|
|Benefits||Medical Services with the medicines will be provided|
|Budget||Rs. 258 crores|
|Covered Health center||1172, 189 primary and 50 Community|
Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme 2023
The scheme aims to reach out to all beneficiaries who are unable to access conventional medical facilities due to various reasons, by providing them with doorstep delivery of medications and other essential health-related services. This will also reduce the transmission of infectious diseases, ensuring a safer and healthier environment for everyone. The program is a much-needed initiative that will offer patients the convenience of accessing quality healthcare services from the comfort of their homes.
The Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme 2023 has a primary objective of extending state healthcare services to the doorstep of ill residents. The scheme ensures that all necessary health and medical services are provided to patients in the comfort of their homes. To achieve this goal, the government has included 1172 health sub-centers, 189 primary health centers, and 50 community health centers under this program. The scheme’s broad coverage ensures that all healthcare facilities are developed to the fullest potential, making the healthcare system more accessible to the citizens.
One of the scheme’s significant advantages is its ability to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, such as Covid-19, by isolating the infected individual in their homes and providing them with the necessary healthcare services. This approach empowers the patient to recover independently without endangering the lives of others. The scheme is a commendable effort by the government to improve the healthcare system and ensure that all citizens receive the best healthcare services.
- The launch of the Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme in Coimbatore, Chennai, and seven other districts by Chief Minister Stalin marks a significant step towards improving healthcare services in Tamil Nadu.
- The scheme is expected to contribute significantly to the development of the healthcare system in the state throughout 2023.
- The primary objective of the program is to make healthcare services accessible to all residents of Tamil Nadu, ensuring that everyone has access to basic healthcare services.
- The program will facilitate the delivery of primary healthcare services to the people’s homes, along with raising awareness about critical health information.
- The scheme will cover beneficiaries over the age of 45 years to ensure that all affected patients in Tamil Nadu can benefit from the program.
- Special considerations have been made to ensure that the program reaches every corner of the state and caters to the healthcare needs of all residents.
- The program will enable nurses, physiotherapists, public health experts, and women’s health volunteers to provide healthcare services to patients right at their doorstep.
- The initiative aims to benefit at least one crore individuals from 30 lakh households across Tamil Nadu.
- To ensure the effective implementation of the scheme, the government has allocated a budget of Rs. 258 crore.
List of Treatments Covered
- Diabetes and hypertension
- To be eligible for consideration, a candidate must have attained a minimum age of 45 years.
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The candidate must reside in any of the following seven districts: Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Madurai, Tiruchi, Coimbatore, Chennai, or Salem.
- The candidate’s permanent residence must be in one of the seven districts mentioned above.
- Candidates who are below the age of 45 years will not be considered for the position.
- Only residents of West Bengal will be considered for the position.
- The candidate must belong to one of the seven districts mentioned earlier to be eligible for the position.
Documents Required to Apply
- Aadhar card
- Mobile number
- Residence certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Passport size photograph
Procedure to Apply for Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme.
Prospective applicants interested in applying for the Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme are advised to await further announcements from the Tamil Nadu government. The government has not yet disclosed the application process and its deadline for the scheme. As soon as the government makes any announcements regarding the application procedure, we will keep you informed and updated with all the necessary information. We urge all interested individuals to stay patient and stay tuned for further updates.