Nekar Samman Yojana Karnataka, also known as the Weaver’s Honor Scheme Karnataka, is a government scheme in the state of Karnataka, India. It is aimed at providing financial assistance and support to handloom weavers in the state. Under this scheme, eligible weavers are provided with various benefits, including financial aid, skill development programs, access to credit facilities, and marketing support. The scheme aims to uplift the socio-economic condition of weavers and promote the handloom sector in Karnataka.
Handloom weavers in Karnataka will be delighted to learn about the latest initiative introduced by the authorities of Karnataka state. Under the recently launched program, weavers can now avail an additional assistance of 2000 rupees. This article provides a detailed guide on how to apply for the Nekar Samman Yojana, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free application process. It covers all aspects of the scheme, including eligibility criteria, implementation procedure, and comprehensive information. By going through this article, you will acquire a thorough understanding of the scheme and its associated details.
|Name||Nekar Samman Yojana Karnataka 2023|
|Launched by||Karnataka government|
|Objective||Providing one-time help of rupees 2000|
About Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana 2023
On Monday, the Honorable Chief Minister of Karnataka, BS Yediyurappa, officially launched a new welfare scheme called the ‘Nekara Sammana Yojana.’ This initiative aims to provide annual financial assistance to handloom weavers and was announced earlier this year as part of the state’s Covid-19 economic relief package. During an event organized by the Handloom and Textiles Department, the Chief Minister initiated the transfer of funds to the bank accounts of weavers. In addition to the annual scheme, the state government had also announced a one-time assistance of Rs 2,000 for the eligible beneficiaries.
Karnataka Ration Card List 2023
Implementation of Nekar Samman Yojana
In Karnataka, there is a total of 54,786 registered handloom weavers who are involved in activities related to silk, cotton, wool looms, and associated crafts. These weavers are eligible to benefit from the scheme. In the initial phase, 19,744 handloom weavers will receive an annual incentive of Rs 2,000 through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). The estimated annual cost of the scheme is Rs 10.96 crore according to the government’s current estimates. So far, 40,634 handloom weavers have registered on the Seva Sindhu portal for the scheme, out of which 37,314 applications have been verified and approved. As for the estimated 1.25 lakh power loom workers in the state, funds have been transferred to the bank accounts of 8,897 applicants.
- A total of 19,744 handloom artisans in the state will receive an annual financial aid of Rs 2,000 through the Direct Benefit Transfer system.
- The government of Karnataka has allocated Rs 10.96 crore for the implementation of this program.
- The Seva Sindhu software has recorded 40,634 registered handloom weavers.
- A total of 37,314 applications for financial aid have been successfully approved.
- Eligible handloom weavers will be provided with financial support through the Weavers Sammaan Yojana.
- Among the workforce of 1.25 lakh individuals in the power loom sector, 8,897 workers have been granted a one-time financial assistance of Rs 2,000.
- Residence in Karnataka state is a prerequisite for the applicant.
- The applicant should be professionally involved in the craft of handloom weaving.
- Eligibility extends to handloom weavers working with silk, cotton, wool, and other materials, as well as those engaged in associated activities.
To stay updated with the latest information about the scheme, please continue to follow us. We will promptly provide all relevant details as soon as they are released by the respective authorities.