The state government of Odisha has implemented a range of initiatives aimed at reducing the high rates of maternal and infant mortality. Among these is the Odisha Mamata Yojana, a scheme which offers financial support to pregnant and nursing mothers residing in the state. In this article, we will provide you with comprehensive information on this program, including its goals, advantages, features, eligibility requirements, necessary documentation, and application process. To gain a thorough understanding of the Odisha Mamata Yojana, it is imperative that you read this write-up attentively until the conclusion.
To aid pregnant and nursing mothers residing in Odisha, the state government has introduced the Odisha Mamata Yojana. The scheme aims to enhance their nutritional intake and encourage healthy practices through monetary incentives. The beneficiaries of the scheme will receive a total of Rs 5000, which will be disbursed in two installments of Rs 3000 and Rs 2000, subject to compliance with specific criteria.
|Name Of The Scheme||Odisha Mamata Yojana|
|Launched By||Government Of Odisha|
|Beneficiary||Pregnant And Lactating Women Of Odisha|
|Objective||To Provide Financial Assistance To The Pregnant And Lactating Women Of Odisha|
|Financial Assistance||Rs 5000|
|Department||Department Of Women And Child Development|
The concerned child development project officer will transfer the payments electronically to the beneficiary’s account. Interested beneficiaries can enroll themselves at the AWC to avail the benefits of the scheme. The Department of Women and Child Development, Odisha, will oversee the implementation of this program.
The Odisha Mamata Yojana’s primary aim is to offer monetary benefits to expectant and nursing mothers, thereby mitigating maternal and infant mortality rates and enhancing their health and nutritional conditions. This financial assistance will facilitate access to maternal and child care facilities, including antenatal care, postnatal care, and immunization. The scheme will provide partial wage compensation to women in the form of financial aid, allowing them to rest sufficiently during and after pregnancy. For additional information on the Stree Swabhiman Yojana, click here.
Odisha Mamata Yojana is currently available in all 28 districts of Odisha, excluding Bargarh and Sundargarh. The scheme’s scope extends to all women who are at least 19 years old and are either pregnant or nursing. The benefits of the scheme are limited to the first two live births. Government or public sector employees and their spouses are ineligible for assistance under the Odisha Mamata Yojana. Beneficiaries must furnish their age, number of live births, and employment status in the prescribed format. The recovery of disbursed funds is possible in cases where the beneficiary has falsely claimed benefits under this scheme.
Instalment under Odisha Mamata Yojana
The Odisha Mamata Yojana provides a total financial aid of Rs 5000 to its beneficiaries, payable in two instalments subject to compliance with the specified criteria. Here are the details of the two installments and the prescribed conditions that must be met to receive them:
The first installment of the Odisha Mamata Yojana is worth Rs 3000 and is provided during the third trimester of pregnancy. To receive the benefit amount, the beneficiary must satisfy the following five conditions:
- Register their pregnancy with the Anganwadi Center or Mini Anganwadi Center
- Attend at least two antenatal check-ups
- Receive IFA (Iron and Folic Acid) tablets
- Receive at least one TT (Tetanus Toxoid) vaccination
- Attend at least one counseling session at the Anganwadi Center, Village Health and Nutrition Day, or through a home visit.
The second installment of Rs 2000 under the Odisha Mamata Yojana is provided to the beneficiary after 10 months of delivery. To receive the second installment, the beneficiary must satisfy the following 11 conditions:
- The childbirth must be registered at either the Anganwadi center or Health Sub-Center (HSC)
- The child should have received the first dose of Vitamin A before turning 1 year old
- The child should have received all three doses of Rotavirus vaccination (1, 2, and 3)
- The child should have received a measles vaccination before turning 1 year old
- The child should have received all three doses of polio vaccination (1, 2, and 3)
- The child should have received a BCG vaccination
- The child should have received all three doses of Pentavalent vaccination (1, 2, and 3)
- The mother should have attended at least 6 growth monitoring and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) counselling sessions from the time of delivery until the child is 9 months old.
- Self-certification that age-appropriate complementary feeding has been given to the child.
- Self-certification that the child has been introduced to complementary food after attaining the age of 6 months.
- Self-certification that the child has been exclusively breastfed for the first six months.
Benefits and Features
- Odisha Mamata Yojana has been launched by the Government of Odisha to support pregnant and lactating mothers in the state.
- The scheme aims to improve nutrition and promote health-seeking behavior among the beneficiaries.
- Under this scheme, eligible beneficiaries will receive a monetary incentive of Rs 5000 in two installments, subject to fulfilling certain conditions.
- The first installment of Rs 3000 will be provided during the third trimester of pregnancy, and the second installment of Rs 2000 will be given after 10 months of delivery.
- The payment will be made through e-transfer by the concerned child development project officer directly into the beneficiary’s account.
- Interested beneficiaries can apply for the scheme by registering themselves at the Anganwadi center.
- The Department of Women and Child Development, Government of India, will be responsible for implementing the scheme.
- Women must be at least 19 years old to be eligible for the scheme’s benefits.
- The scheme’s benefits are only available for the first two live births.
- Government and public sector employees and their wives are not eligible for this scheme.
- The beneficiary must provide information about their age, number of live births, and employment status in the prescribed format.
- If the beneficiary fraudulently claims the benefit amount, the amount paid to them will be recovered.
Implementation of Odisha Mamata Yojana
- The Odisha Mamata Yojana will be implemented under the guidance of the district collector.
- The collector will be responsible for closely monitoring and implementing this scheme.
- The district program coordinator will assist the collector in carrying out this responsibility.
- To ensure the smooth implementation of this scheme, the collector will hold meetings with the banks in the district and instruct them to open zero balance accounts for all the beneficiaries of Odisha Mamata Yojana and issue them a passbook.
- In addition, the collector can organize inter-departmental meetings to ensure the availability of all the necessary supplies.
- To ensure transparency, regular audits can be conducted by the collector as well.
- A grievance redressal mechanism will be set up by the district collector at the district level, which will include a toll-free number for beneficiaries to report any issues or grievances they face.
- The implementation of the Odisha Mamata Yojana will be reviewed by the collector on a monthly basis.
- Field visits can also be conducted by the collector to assess the implementation of the scheme in different areas.
- Based on the field visit report, the collector has the authority to take any necessary action.
Odisha Mamata Yojana Payment
- The funds under Odisha Mamata Yojana will be transferred electronically to the beneficiary’s bank account.
- The beneficiary will not be permitted to receive the benefit amount in the form of cash or cheque.
- It is mandatory for the beneficiary to open a bank account in her name to receive the benefits.
- The scheme will provide a total amount of Rs. 5000 to the eligible beneficiaries.
- The payment of the benefit amount will be made in two installments.
- The first installment will be of Rs. 3000.
- The second installment will be of Rs. 2000.
Incentives Provided To Anganwadi Workers And Anganwadi Helpers
To encourage Anganwadi workers and helpers to reach the maximum number of eligible beneficiaries under the Odisha Mamata Yojana, cash incentives will be provided to them. The Anganwadi worker will get Rs 200 as a cash incentive for each beneficiary, while the Anganwadi helper will receive Rs 100 for each beneficiary, after the successful transfer of all due cash into the beneficiary’s bank account.
- The scheme is applicable only for permanent residents of Odisha.
- The applicant must have attained the age of 19 years or above.
- Registration at the Anganwadi center is mandatory for availing the benefits of this scheme.
- The scheme is exclusively for pregnant or lactating women.
- This scheme can be availed only for the first two live births.
- Government or public sector undertaking employees and their spouses are not eligible for this scheme.
- ration card
- Aadhar card
- mobile number
- residence certificate
- self declaration form
- Bank account details
- passport size photograph
- Photocopy of MCP card
How to Apply for Odisha Mamata Yojana
- To avail the benefits of the Odisha Mamata Yojana, it is necessary for the beneficiary to enroll at the Anganwadi aur mini Anganwadi centres that corresponds to their locality.
- Anganwadi workers are required to ensure that every pregnant woman in their assigned area is registered at the Anganwadi center and obtains an MCP card. This is a compulsory requirement for all the Anganwadi workers to fulfill.
- The responsibility of identifying eligible beneficiaries under the Odisha Mamata Yojana lies with the Anganwadi worker who will determine and select the beneficiaries based on the specified criteria.
- Every eligible woman will be required to open a bank account at a bank that offers NEFT banking services.
- Two copies of the bank passbook need to be provided by the beneficiary to the Anganwadi worker as proof.
- The Anganwadi worker will provide the beneficiary with two copies of the self-declaration form once the bank account has been opened.
- The beneficiary needs to complete the self-declaration form and affix two passport-sized photographs. Additionally, the husband or guardian should provide an undertaking.
- To complete the registration process, the beneficiary needs to provide two photocopies of their Aadhar card and MCP card to the Anganwadi worker.
- Once the beneficiary completes the self-declaration form, along with attaching the required documents, she should promptly submit it to the respective Anganwadi worker.
Mukhyamantri Karma Tatpara Abhiyan
Process To Download Odisha Mamta Scheme Anganwadi Centre Pregnancy Survey Form
- To begin, access the Official Website of the Government of Odisha’s Department of Women and Child Development and Mission Shakti. Once you’re on the website, the homepage will be displayed.
- Navigate to the ICDS option on the homepage and select the “Mamta” option.
- Next, navigate to the revised guidelines for Mamta by clicking on the relevant option.
- Now you have to scroll down in this document.
- The Anganwadi center pregnancy survey form for the Odisha Mamata scheme will appear on your computer screen. You can obtain it by clicking on the download option.
How To Download Mamata Scheme Undertaking By The Beneficiary
- To begin, access the website of the Department of Women and Child Development and Mission Shakti, which is managed by the Government of Odisha. Once you visit the website, the homepage will appear on your screen.
- navigate to the ICDS option on the website’s homepage, and select the Mamta option from there.
- Once you have clicked on the Mamta option, select the revised Mamta guidelines. This will display a document on your screen.
- As you scroll through the revised Mamta guidelines document, you will eventually come across the form for beneficiaries to undertake the Mamta scheme. This form can be found on your screen.
- You can download the undertaking form by clicking on the download option available on the screen.
Mamata Scheme Beneficiary Tracker
- To begin, access the official website for the Department of Women and Child Development and Mission Shakti, which is operated by the Government of Odisha. The website’s home page will then load on your device.
- Once you land on the homepage, locate and click on the ICDS option. From there, click on the Mamta tab, followed by the revised Mamta guidelines link.
- You will see a PDF form displayed on your screen. It is necessary for you to scroll down this form.
- On your screen, you will see the Mamata scheme beneficiary tracker. To download it, you need to click on the download option.
How To Download Mamta Scheme Anganwadi Centre Monthly Report
- To begin, navigate to the official website of the Odisha government’s Women and Child Development department as well as the Mission Shakti initiative. Once you’re on the site’s homepage.
- To continue, click on the updated guidelines for Mamta after accessing the Mamta section on the website. This will open a PDF document on your screen that contains the revised guidelines you need to review or download.
- After opening the PDF document, you will need to scroll down until you come across the Anganwadi Center Monthly Report for the Mamta scheme. Once you have located this section, the report will be displayed on your screen and you can proceed to view or download it as necessary.
How Odisha Mamta Scheme Beneficiary Registration And Receipt Display Calendar
- Visit the official website of Department of Women and Child Development and Mission Shakti, Government of Odisha
- Click on the “ICDS” option located on the homepage.
- From the drop-down menu, select the “Mamta” option.
- Look for the “Revised Mamta Guidelines” link and click on it.
- Once you have clicked on the link for the revised Mamta guidelines, a PDF file will open on your screen. You will need to navigate through the document to view its contents. To scroll down the PDF.
- After scrolling through the PDF document, you should be able to find the section on the Mamata scheme beneficiary registration and display calendar. This section should be visible on your screen once you have located it within the PDF document.
- If you wish to save a copy of the Mamata scheme beneficiary registration and display calendar, you can do so by clicking on the download option within the PDF document.
Odisha State Scholarship Portal