The Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme is a government initiative launched by the state of Tamil Nadu in India to provide free laptops to eligible students in the state. The scheme was launched in 2011 by the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, J. Jayalalithaa, with the aim of promoting digital literacy among students and to bridge the digital divide in the state.
Under the scheme, laptops are provided to students studying in government and government-aided schools, colleges, and polytechnic institutes in the state. The laptops are distributed to students who have completed higher secondary education or equivalent courses in the state. The eligibility criteria for the scheme also include income-based criteria, with students from economically weaker sections given priority.
The laptops provided under the scheme are pre-installed with educational software and tools to aid the students in their studies. The scheme has been successful in providing digital access to students and has helped them to access online learning resources and educational materials.
|Name of the scheme||Free Laptop Scheme|
|Launched by||Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami|
|Launched on||27th February|
|Beneficiary||10th & 12th Students|
|Launched in||Tamil Nadu|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Category||State government scheme|
Specifications Of Laptops Under Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme
|Laptop Brand Name||HP|
|Screen Size||14-inch Screen|
|System Name||ELCOT PC|
|System Type||X 86|
|Market Price||25,0000 RS|
|Warranty of Laptop||1 Year|
|Processor Name||Intel Pentium Dual Core|
|System Manufacture||AMD Processor|
|RAM||2 GB DD R3 SD RAM at 1066 MHz Speed|
|Pre-Installed Software||Microsoft Office, ADOBE, TN Schemes|
|Hard Disk||160 GB Minimum – 320 GB Maximum|
The eligibility conditions for the Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme are as follows:
- The student must be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu.
- The student must be studying in a government or government-aided school, college, or polytechnic institute in Tamil Nadu.
- The student must have completed higher secondary education or equivalent courses in Tamil Nadu.
- The annual income of the student’s family should not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakhs per annum.
- The student should not have received a laptop or computer from the government in the past.
- The student should have scored at least 35% in their final examination.
- School ID
- Aadhar card
- Residence proof
- Caste certificate
- Further admission proof
- Income certificate of family
The Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme has several benefits for eligible students, which include:
- Digital Access: The scheme provides free laptops to students, which helps them to access digital resources and online learning platforms. This enables students to enhance their knowledge and skills through e-learning resources.
- Educational Software: The laptops provided under the scheme come pre-installed with educational software, which helps students to improve their learning and enhance their educational experience.
- Bridging the Digital Divide: The scheme aims to bridge the digital divide in the state by providing digital access to students, especially those from economically weaker sections.
- Empowering Students: The scheme empowers students to be technologically competent and confident, which helps them to compete in the global job market and take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Financial Assistance: The scheme provides financial assistance to students who may not be able to afford a laptop or computer, thereby reducing the burden on their families.
- Overall, the Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme provides several benefits to eligible students and helps to promote digital literacy and education in the state.
How to Apply Online
- First of all you have to go to the Official Website.
- From the home page you have to search the registration link.
- After that read all the information asked in the form carefully.
- After this you have to submit the form and login with the help of username, password and captcha code.
- Fill the rest application form and upload the necessary documents.
- Submit the application form by click the submit option.
- Take the print out of the application form for further use.
How to Check Beneficiary List
The procedure to check the TN Free Laptop Scheme beneficiary list is as follows:
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme at https://www.tn.gov.in/scheme/data_view/103932.
- On the homepage, click on the “Beneficiary List” option.
- Select the relevant district from the drop-down menu and click on the “Submit” button.
- The beneficiary list for the selected district will be displayed on the screen.
- Students can search for their name on the beneficiary list using their registration number or name.
Alternatively, students can also check their eligibility and status under the Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme by visiting the official website and clicking on the “Student Login” option. Students need to enter their registration number and date of birth to access their account and check their eligibility and status under the scheme.
It is important to note that the beneficiary list is updated periodically, and students are advised to check the official website regularly for the latest updates and information.
The Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme is a government initiative that provides free laptops to eligible students in government and government-aided schools, colleges, and polytechnic institutes in Tamil Nadu. The scheme aims to promote digital literacy and bridge the digital divide in the state by providing digital access to students, especially those from economically weaker sections. The laptops come pre-installed with educational software, helping students to enhance their learning and education.