In a country like India, where healthcare expenses can be a burden for economically disadvantaged sections of society, initiatives like the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme play a crucial role in ensuring equitable access to quality medical treatment. Named after the late Chief Minister Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy, this scheme has been implemented in Andhra Pradesh with the objective of providing financial assistance and comprehensive healthcare services to those in need. Let’s delve deeper into the details of this remarkable healthcare initiative.
The YSR Aarogyasri Scheme is a healthcare initiative launched by the Government of Andhra Pradesh, India. It was named after former Chief Minister Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy as a tribute to his efforts in improving healthcare access in the state. The scheme aims to provide quality medical treatment and financial assistance to the economically disadvantaged sections of society. Under the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme, eligible beneficiaries are entitled to receive free medical treatment for various diseases and ailments. The scheme covers a wide range of procedures, including major surgeries, therapies, and emergency treatments. The objective is to ensure that individuals from low-income households do not face financial barriers when accessing necessary healthcare services.
|Name of the scheme
|YSR Aarogyasri scheme
|CM of Andhra Pradesh
|Residents of Andhra Pradesh
|To provide cashless medical treatment
Coverage and Benefits:
The YSR Aarogyasri Scheme encompasses a broad range of medical procedures, including major surgeries, therapies, and emergency treatments. The scheme aims to alleviate the financial burden that families face when confronted with expensive healthcare procedures. By directly paying the empaneled hospitals, this scheme ensures that beneficiaries do not have to worry about exorbitant medical bills.
Empaneled Hospitals and Healthcare Providers:
Under the scheme, a network of empaneled hospitals and healthcare providers has been established. Beneficiaries can visit any of these empaneled hospitals to avail themselves of the required medical treatment. This network ensures that individuals can access quality healthcare services within their vicinity, without the need to travel long distances.
Financial Assistance and Support:
Apart from covering the cost of treatment, the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme also provides financial assistance for post-operative care, follow-up treatments, and transportation charges. This holistic approach helps beneficiaries throughout their medical journey, enabling them to focus on recovery rather than worrying about the financial implications.
mpact and Success:
Since its implementation, the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme has transformed the lives of countless individuals in Andhra Pradesh. It has brought healthcare within reach for those who previously struggled to afford treatment. The scheme has not only saved lives but has also provided a sense of security and relief to families battling medical emergencies.
754 Procedures Included in YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
To enhance the efficiency and coordination of healthcare services, Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has emphasized the need to establish seamless connectivity between village clinics, health centers, and district teaching and general hospitals. As part of this vision, it has been mandated that all Primary Health Centers (PHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs), and village clinics report to the district teaching hospital, which will serve as their central authority. The management structure will involve assigning one dean to oversee operations at the district teaching hospital, while another dean will be responsible for managing the remaining health facilities within the district. This strategic arrangement aims to streamline healthcare administration and optimize resource allocation, ultimately leading to improved healthcare outcomes for the community.
Engagement in Volunteer Work for Medical Professionals
- Government-funded medical students should be mandated to participate in a year of community service as part of their curriculum.
- A comprehensive framework should be established to effectively implement the community service program.
- The officials have been directed to appoint a dedicated officer who will be responsible for overseeing the community service projects and closely monitoring the construction and renovation activities of village clinics and Primary Health Centres (PHCs).
- This officer will ensure the presence of doctors and ambulances in each healthcare facility, playing a pivotal role in the successful execution of the “Family Doctor” concept.
- The current COVID-19 situation in the State has been evaluated, and the officials have been instructed to actively communicate with the public regarding the importance of receiving the necessary precautionary vaccination.
Introduction of the Family Physician Model by the Government
The Andhra Pradesh government has made a formal request to the health department authorities to enhance the range of Arogyasri treatments and ensure their accessibility starting from August 1. Additionally, they aim to introduce the concept of family doctors from August 15, gradually integrating this new approach into the healthcare system. To facilitate seamless financial transactions, virtual bank accounts will be provided for Arogyasri beneficiaries, enabling direct crediting of funds into the patients’ accounts, which will then be transferred to the respective hospital accounts. Upon admission, patients will be required to provide consent by filling out a consent form, and upon discharge, a declaration form must be accurately completed with details regarding the patient’s treatment, government assistance, and AarogyaAasara. To address any grievances related to hidden fees or bribery, officials will provide a toll-free number, 14400 or 104, on the declaration form, encouraging people to call and report such issues.
More treatments under Aarogyasri scheme
Following the discharge of patients, government officials will dispatch medical personnel to conduct post-discharge health check-ups and provide feedback on the quality of care received. Particular attention will be given to preventing instances of bribery in the provision of services through 108 and 104 helplines. To raise awareness and deter corrupt practices, officials will be required to display Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) toll-free numbers on their vehicles. The vaccination process will be expedited, with a special focus on prioritising individuals aged 60 and above. According to official reports, the COVID-19 situation is fully under control, with only a minimal number of reported cases. Merely 69 individuals have been admitted to hospitals, and all are expected to make a complete recovery. In terms of vaccination coverage, an impressive 87.15 percent of the population has received preventive doses, while 99.69 percent of adolescents aged 15 to 17 have completed the two-dose regimen. Similarly, 98.93 percent of individuals between the ages of 12 and 14 have successfully received the second dosage of the vaccine.
The officials have received instructions to conclude the recruitment process by the conclusion of July and ensure a seamless supply of doctors and staff across all healthcare facilities, from primary health centers to teaching hospitals. It is crucial to eliminate any gaps in staffing and accelerate the construction of 16 new medical institutions, with plans to commence classes at the earliest opportunity. As per official records, a total of 40,476 vacancies have been successfully filled throughout the state since 2019.
Over 100,000 COVID-19 patients have been provided with assistance and benefits.
The YSR Aarogyasri scheme offers cashless medical treatment to eligible individuals, where hospital bills exceeding Rs 1000 are fully covered. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, over 100,000 coronavirus patients have received the benefits of this scheme. The Andhra Pradesh government has allocated Rs 309 crore to extend healthcare benefits to 19,033 COVID-19 patients. Remarkably, in certain instances, the medical expenses borne by the government surpassed the annual income of the beneficiaries’ families.
- In a significant milestone, Andhra Pradesh has emerged as the pioneer state in India to integrate coronavirus treatment into the government healthcare system.
- Regardless of the amount, the medical bills of beneficiaries will be approved under the YSR Aarogyasri scheme.
- The number of individuals benefiting from free treatment at different private hospitals through the YSR Aarogyasri scheme currently stands at 19,033.
Expansion of the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme to a wider population.
The launch of the YSR Aarogyasri scheme by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Mr YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy has been followed by an announcement of its extension. Initially implemented in 7 districts of the state, the scheme will now encompass the remaining districts including Srikakulam, East Godavari, Krishna, Nellore, Chittoor, and Anantapur. Notably, the government will cover medical treatment expenses exceeding Rs 1000 under this scheme. Furthermore, the scheme’s coverage has been expanded from over 1500 diseases to include an additional 234 diseases, resulting in a total of approximately 2200 diseases being covered by the Aarogyasri scheme.
Expansion of Scheme Benefits to Additional District
The Aarogyasri initiative, which commenced in January in the West Godavari district, offering 1059 procedures for 2059 medical conditions, is set to undergo an extension. On Monday, June 13, 2020, Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy issued an extension order to the officials. Effective July 16, 2020, the pilot project initiated by the Andhra Pradesh state government will expand to six additional districts: Kadapa, Kurnool, Prakasam, Guntur, Vizianagaram, and Visakhapatnam. This extension will provide coverage for medical expenses exceeding Rs 1,000. The number of medical conditions covered will increase from 1059 to 2200, encompassing cancer care services as well.
Allocation of funds for the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme.
During the state Assembly session held on Tuesday, 16th June 2020, Finance Minister B Rajendranath Reddy unveiled the budget at Velagapudi. A total budget of Rs 2,24,789.18 crore has been allocated to various welfare schemes. Notably, the focal point of the budget for the upcoming fiscal year 2020-2021 is the inclusion of 21 welfare schemes introduced by the Andhra Pradesh government, dedicated to the Late YS Rajasekhara Reddy and Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. Within the state budget for the upcoming year, a substantial amount of Rs 11,419 crores has been earmarked for the health sector.
The primary goal of introducing the YSR Arogyasri Scheme was to offer financial assistance to underprivileged individuals in Andhra Pradesh who are unable to afford medical expenses or essential surgeries crucial for their well-being. By implementing this scheme, it is expected to significantly reduce the mortality rate in the state. Numerous diseases have been encompassed within the program to ensure its effective operation and impact.
- The applicant should possess land, including both wet and dry areas, of less than 35 acres in total.
- Municipal property tax-paying families with property size below 3000 SFT (334 sq. Yds) are eligible.
- Individuals working as outsourcing, contract, part-time employees, and sanitation workers, earning an annual income exceeding Rs 5 lakh, are also considered eligible.
- Honorary remuneration employees and private sector employees serving in the public sector can also apply.
- Applicants with more than one vehicle are disqualified from availing the benefits of the scheme.
- Families with an income tax filing up to Rs 5 lakh are eligible for participation.
- Please visit the Official Website of YSR Navasakam to access the homepage.
- Once you are on the homepage, locate and select the “Download” option. Then, proceed to click on the “YSR Aarogyasri Health Card Performa” to initiate the download.
- Upon clicking on the provided link, you will be presented with the application form for the YSR Aarogyasri scheme, which will appear on your screen.
- You are required to download the form and obtain a hard copy by printing it out. Subsequently, diligently complete the form by providing all the necessary details as requested.
- Next, gather all the necessary documents as specified and securely attach them to the completed form. Once done, kindly submit the form along with the supporting documents to the relevant department as designated.
- By adhering to this step-by-step process, you can successfully apply for the YSR Aarogyasri scheme.
Check Bed Occupancy
- To begin, navigate to the Official Website of the Aarogyasri scheme. Once there, you will be directed to the homepage.
- Upon accessing the homepage, locate and select the “Hospitals” tab. From there, proceed to click on the “Bed Occupancy” option.
- Once you are redirected to the new page, you will be required to input the following information:
- Hospital name
- Hospital type
- After entering the required details, click on the “Retrieve Information” button. Subsequently, the bed occupancy details will be displayed on your computer screen.
Procedure To View PHCs
- Please access the Official Website of the Aarogyasri scheme to explore its homepage.
- Once you are on the homepage, navigate to the “Hospitals” section and proceed to select the “Primary Health Centers (PHCs)” option.
- Upon accessing the new page, you will be prompted to provide the following information:
- Location of the PHC/AH/CHC/GH/Gov. Dis
- Name of Mithra
- Contact number
- PHC/CHC/DIST HOSP/AREA HOSP
- Once you have entered the necessary details, click on the “Search” button. The relevant information will then be displayed on your computer screen.
How to View Private Hospital
- To initiate the process, kindly access the official website of the Aarogyasri scheme. As a result, the homepage will be presented to you.
- Next, navigate to the “Hospitals” section and proceed to select the “Private Hospitals” option from the available choices.
- Subsequently, a new page will be displayed, prompting you to input the following information:
- CUG Number
- Hospital Speciality
- MEDCO name
- MEDCO Contact Number
- Once the necessary details have been entered, please proceed to click on the “Search” button. As a result, a comprehensive list of private hospitals will be displayed on your computer screen.
How to Check Government Hospital
- Firstly, Please visit the official website of the Aarogyasri scheme in order to access the homepage.
- Once you are on the homepage, navigate to the “Hospitals” section and proceed to select the “Government Hospitals” option.
- Afterwards, you will be prompted to provide the following details:
- CUG Number
- Hospital Speciality
- MEDCO name
- MEDCO Contact Number
- Now, click on the “Search” button to initiate the process. Subsequently, a comprehensive list of government hospitals will be displayed on your computer screen.
What is the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme?
The YSR Aarogyasri Scheme is a healthcare initiative launched by the Andhra Pradesh government to provide cashless medical treatment to the underprivileged sections of society. It aims to ensure that people with limited financial resources can access quality healthcare services without incurring significant financial burden.
Who is eligible for the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme?
- The scheme is primarily targeted towards families below the poverty line and those with limited financial means. Eligibility criteria may vary, but typically, individuals with Aarogyasri cards can avail of free healthcare services if their hospital bills exceed a certain amount, such as Rs 1000.
What medical treatments are covered under the scheme?
- The YSR Aarogyasri Scheme covers a wide range of medical treatments, including surgeries, procedures, diagnostic tests, and therapeutic interventions. The specific list of treatments covered under the scheme is extensive and continues to evolve. It is advisable to refer to the official guidelines or contact the authorities for detailed information.
How can one apply for the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme?
- To apply for the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme, individuals can visit the official website or approach the designated enrollment centers. They need to fill out the application form, provide the necessary documents, and meet the eligibility criteria. The authorities will review the application and issue the Aarogyasri card if deemed eligible.
Where can beneficiaries avail healthcare services under the scheme?
- Beneficiaries of the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme can access healthcare services at empaneled hospitals and medical institutions across Andhra Pradesh. These include both government and private hospitals that have partnered with the scheme. The list of empaneled hospitals is available on the official website and can be obtained from the concerned authorities.